Tuesday, June 7, 2011

More Do Division: Yelp Speaks

 Photo courtesy of a reader

We use Yelp all the time before going out for dinner or drinks -- the reviews should be taken more as "a heads up" than the ultimate gospel, of course. But it's easy to forget that Yelpers review just about everything, even street festivals.

Here is a random sampling of the good, the bad and the ugly from Do Division 2011. Remember that all these are certainly not representative of the larger opinion, but they're entertaining to read nonetheless.

The Good:
 "The music lineup is strong, and very light on the midwest 80's cover bands that infest this city's street fairs."

"Division is a wide boulevard, allowing plenty of walking and relaxing space on all sides. The organizers put out plenty of benches with awnings, too."

"Big Freedia.  There was tons of booty shaking and actual nudity.  Insane.  In the best way possible."

"Cevapcici!  Best street meat around.  And they have the line to prove it."

The Bad:
"A notably poor showing of craftsmen and vendors, beyond the zipcar and funnel cake booths at every festival. I couldn't bring myself to even browse, much less buy. No offense meant to the proprietors of these tents, but I have to give you an Etsy-Minus."

"My phone did not work at all the entire time I was there.  No service.  How do I communicate to my friends how awesome this is and they should come meet me??" (Editor's Note: See our earlier post about this.)

"
The Ugly:
"...the area in front of Fifty/50 and Innjoy is best avoided, as it was a knot of the smarmiest clubgoing types I've ever seen outside of Excalibur. (And I've never been to Ex)."

Do you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment